faster printing of QStrings

Hello,

we are developing Qt applications. kdevelops debugger offers a watch where
it can display QStrings. I am more the commandline user and have found a
nice function that prints QStrings with gdb:

define pqs
    set $i=0
    set $unicode=$arg0.d->unicode

    printf "Getting QString...\n"
    while $i < $arg0.d->len
        set $c=$unicode[$i++].ucs
        if $c < 32
          printf "\\0%o", $c
        else
          if $c <= 127
            printf "%c", $c
          else
            printf "\\0%o", $c
          end
        end
    end
    echo \n
end

(gdb) pqs oszPrinterLine
Getting QString...
kopierer akzeptiert Anfragen seit Mo 19 Feb 2007 13:27:28 CET

Works fine - except that it takes ages (25s) ! Kdevelop displays the
QStrings in an instant. Now I wonder if there is a faster way of getting
this information in gdb - and maybe even to "display oszPrinterLine" which
makes sense only if printing is fast... ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Grunwald
Softwareentwicklung

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Oskar-Messter-Straße 19-21
85737 Ismaning
www.pruftechnik.com
Tel: +49 (0)89 99616177
Fax: +49 (0)89 99616200

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Sitz Ismaning / HRB 145655 München
Geschäftsführer: Johann Lösl, Roland Schühle

Ein Unternehmen der PRÜFTECHNIK-Gruppe