dwarf 2 clarification

Hi
   I am using a 32 bit compiler to generate debug information. i want
to retarget this compiler to now emit emit debug information for  a 16
bit architecture. The compiler is already retarget to generate correct
code for the 16 bit architecture. So the offsets from the stack
pointer in the assembly code, the sizes of the symbol are all correct
in terms of the new architectures address size. Now I was wondering
from a debug information standpoint, is there any extra education that
the compiler needs ?

thanks dz