Re: [mingw32] stdin redirection

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:23:38PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I'll try connecting to a remote target without the pipe code.

No difference on Windows 2003 Server.  I swear there was a difference
on XP, but I can't get at our XP system right now.

Mark Mitchell pointed out the same thing that Dave did -
WaitForMultipleObjects is documented to take various things.  One of
them is an event handle.  None of them are pipe handles nor file
handles.  What we're doing now for pipes is within the bounds of the
MS documentation; passing it directly to select is not and I think it
would be unwise.  Windows is confusing enough when you use it as
documented.

If you want to add a third case that handles files, maybe by checking
if they are seekable and if so that the position is not at the end,
I'd be more OK with that.  You could return a signalled event handle
if there are bytes and an unsignalled one if there are not.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery