Re: trying to build gdb with renamed cygwin1.dll

Fahd Abidi wrote:
I tried the -mno-cygwin option but got several compile errors. I didn't
want to debug the sources because of time constraints. That is why I
thought that compiling against a renamed cygwin1.dll might be an eaisier
solution.

Well, it was never going to be easy! You might want to check out mingw.org but I thought GDB was supposed to Just Work these days.

I did have some problems with it autodetecting cygwin ncurses, which obviously isn't going to work, but that can be fixed with --disable-readline ... probably. You can get readline to work with pdcurses, but that required a little effort.

BTW, you just posted my email address, non-obfuscated, to number of web-archives. I'd rather you didn't do that. It would probably be best if you stopped your mailer doing that before you fully spam-enable everybody else.

Andrew