Re: Understanding GDB frames

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 02:05:35PM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
> As watchpoints?  I  don't think so.  A closer analogy to variable objects
> is the "display" command.  There, GDB allows expressions to come back into
> scope.

I don't think that allowing varobjs to come back into scope this way
is really useful.

There's a different sort of scope that does make sense - a varobj
might come in and out of lexical scope while its frame is live, due to
optimization.  But once the frame has gone we should recreate the
varobjs, or else we should associate them with the function instead of
the frame.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery