Re: Understanding GDB frames

 > > As watchpoints?  I  don't think so.  A closer analogy to variable objects
 > > is the "display" command.  There, GDB allows expressions to come back into
 > > scope.
 >
 > I don't think that allowing varobjs to come back into scope this way
 > is really useful.

I can't say how useful it is generally because Emacs 22 is still stuck in CVS.
>From personal use, however, I've sometimes found watchpoints deleting
themselves to be a nuisance.  Sometimes I've got around by specifying an adress
rather than a variable name.

 >                 ...But once the frame has gone we should recreate the
 > varobjs, or else we should associate them with the function instead of
 > the frame.

Would this be straightforward to implement?  Isn't there anything in their
nature that makes this easier to do for watchpoints?