cryptic stack trace!

Hi All,

At times the stack trace done using gdb shows a cryptic output. e.g.

(gdb) bt 3
#0  0x4d709681 in ?? ()
#1  0x4d8d5854 in ?? ()
#2  0x4d70705c in ?? ()

I also get a warning saying
"warning: current_sos: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error"

I want to know why this problem occurs and what should i do to get non-cryptic output(with function names).

In case the question is not appropriate for this forum please redirect me to a forum where i can get GDB usage help.

Regards,
Shiv

"Duniya Maast Kalander!
Te ute baitha Bandar, Samghe aapno Sikandar.
Tu ChaK De Phathe."