Re: More "catch assert" Ada failures

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:50:09AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > Debian now has a libgnat-4.1-dbg package which includes complete
> > debugging information for libgnat; this should let GDB handle
> > exception and assertion catchpoints.  A couple of the tests fail
> > though:
> >
> > Unable to break on 'system__assertions__raise_assert_failure' in this
> > configuration.
>
> I indeed see some FAILs on that test, but ldd reports that the program
> is still linked against libgnat-4.1.so.1, not the one installed in
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib. I tried setting up symbolic links from one to
> the other, but then the compiler crashes. Did you run the testsuite
> with some specific switches?

You need to configure with --prefix=/usr, and then GDB will pick up
files in /usr/lib/debug automatically.  I get:

FAIL: gdb.ada/catch_ex.exp: insert catchpoint on failed assertions
FAIL: gdb.ada/catch_ex.exp: info break, second run
FAIL: gdb.ada/catch_ex.exp: continuing to failed assertion
FAIL: gdb.ada/catch_ex.exp: continuing to unhandled exception (the
program exited)
FAIL: gdb.ada/catch_ex.exp: continuing to program completion (the
program is no longer running)

Without that I get twelve failures and no passes.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery