Re: BUG: MI reporting wrong attributes for casted variables

>Report it as a bug to the Eclipse CDT team.  They have misinterpreted
>the meaning of the "editable" attribute.

>This has been reported at leasted once before, possibly by you (or at
>least another Sascha using Eclipse CDT) when I said:

It was me. I was busy doing other stuff and I first wanted to have a look at
the eclipse code. It is possible to change the Eclipse CDT code so casted
vars won't be editable. But then I thought this was more likely a GDB bug
and it would make sense to resolve the root problem.

>Assigns the value of EXPRESSION to the variable object specified by
>  NAME.  The object must be `editable'.  If the variable's value is

I think this is pretty much what the CDT guys had in mind. They expect a var
object to be editable when it has been reported as... "editable" :).

Sascha