Re: DELAYED: GDB 6.7 branch creation scheduled June 25th

> The next enhancement can always wait for the next release but if
> there's a bug that needs fixing, that needs to be done before the
> release.

Yes, of course.

> If you're saying branch and then fix before the release, there doesn't
> seem much point in testing until all the fixes are in.  So where's the
> gain in branching early?

I disagree with the assumption that we are branching "early". We are
branching, because we need to branch to make a release. If the fix
for the bug doesn't make it before the branch is done, then we'll
just port the fix to the branch. If during testing we discover that
there is a significant issue, then we just delay the release.

--
Joel