Re: What's an annex? stratum?

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:08:40 -0700
From: Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com>
CC:  gdb@sources.redhat.com

I'm assuming that the XML target description in the docs is similarly
incomplete and/or obsolete.

On the contrary: it is relatively very new and its documentation is supposed to be quite complete (at least as far as the manuals go; if you are talking about the code, that's a different matter). So if you find some portions of its documentation unclear or incomplete, please point that out.

The doc refers to a non-existent DTD file which is supposed to describe the XML target description annex. I assumed it was obsolete.

It's not clear whether this is the same annex referenced in target.c.

There seems to be a fair amount of cruft in the code, and
even more in the documentation.  Sigh.

I'm sure we will welcome patches.

I'd be happy to. It's not easy to create patches when it's unclear whether the doc is out of date or the source hasn't caught up yet. There are many areas where the docs are out sync with the source.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077