Re: "failed to find valid object file", but which object file? (using static libraries)

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 01:32:23PM +0200, Bram Kuijper wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:47:12AM +0200, Bram Kuijper wrote:
> >> Is there any way to find _which_ object file has failed to be read in?
> > One from memory, not from disk.  Usually this will be linux-gate.so.1
> > or something like that; a virtual DSO provided by the kernel.
> > I'm not sure why it would fail.  What platform and kernel version?
>
> Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, 2.6.22-6-generic i686 GNU/Linux.
>
> Since Gutsy Gibbon is still in beta, it might be indeed the cause of all
> trouble. Should I downgrade to a previous kernel version or is there any other
> solution?

No, you should figure out why GDB has failed :-)  You'd have to debug
it, though.  The error message indicates that either reading from
memory has failed or else the image found there was surprising
somehow.  If you run with "set debug target 1", do any errors show up?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery