Threaded watchpoints

Hi,

Some time ago (end of 2004/beginning of 2005) there was a long
discussion on the threaded watchpoints problem.

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2004-12/msg00256.html

Jeff Johnston wrote a considerable patch that would improve this on some
architectures (i386, ia64, amd64 and s390). Through the discussion, the
patch was updated a few times, but there wasn't a final conclusion to
this problem and i couldn't find any other posts from Jeff Johnston
since those days. Was there any conclusion on this? Some bits of Jeff's
patch were included upstream, but most of the patch was not.

I'm looking forward to start working on this problem for ppc32
architecture, in order to be able to use per-thread watchpoints, and i'd
like to clarify where we are sitting at regarding this problem.

Has any improvement been made to GDB? What's the current support for
this?

Best regards,
Luis

--