Re: libSegFault and just in time debugging

[Daniel Jacobowitz]
> FYI, cygwin already does this, too; it can invoke dumper (to
> generate core dumps) or GDB.

That's right -- I'd forgotten about that.

[Jim Ingham:]

> We did this with Mac OS X for a while (the way Mach Exceptions work
> it's a little easier to implement, you don't need a special library or
> anything like that).  It's pretty neat.  We were doing it
> automatically with all processes on the system, which is even handier,
> but you do have to be careful - if you are attaching with gdb rather
> than dumping core.

Of course the old Mac model ("macsbug"?) is the classic instance
of just in time debugging.  And then (surprise), Windows had it too!

I'm just wondering if linux/unix users might not like to have the same
thing.

Michael