GDB patches for mingw host

Hi,

I have a set of patches which allow GBB 6.6 to be built using MinGW/MSys for a mingw host which I would like to contribute for consideration.

From reading through the contribution requirements it seems that I need an FSF assignment on file before submitting patches. It's not clear to me how to request the necessary paperwork, perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Is it sufficient to request paperwork via the list and do I need to do this for each project I wish to submit patches for? I have some minor patches for Insight, gcc and some more extensive work I'd like the newlib maintainers to consider.

Would it be preferable to create the gdb patches against CVS before submission?

Dave Murphy