RE: What should a CPU simulator support?

OK. That's interesting. We support this too but I've always thought it a
little cumbersome compared to built in simulator. Your stdin / out
comment was interesting: I may look into this.

> > noticed when upgrading our port that the api for simulator
> implemented
> > breakpoints has been removed! We're not interested in
> implementing soft
> > breakpoints so I had to resurrect this support in remote-sim.c.
>
> Do you mean SIM_HAS_BREAKPOINT?  I believe it was removed four years
> ago for lack of any simulators in the tree which used it.  That's life
> with an uncontributed port :-)

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured. It'd be great if we could
contribute, but unfortunately it's not my decision. All I can do is give
bug reports and trivial fixes. I really appreciate your support though.

Robert