C++ exceptions

From http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_6.html#SEC35:

"If you call a function interactively, GDB normally returns control to you when the function has finished executing. If the call raises an exception, however, the call may bypass the mechanism that returns control to you and cause your program either to abort or to simply continue running until it hits a breakpoint, catches a signal that GDB is listening for, or exits. This is the case even if you set a catchpoint for the exception; catchpoints on exceptions are disabled within interactive calls."

This is a rather significant limitation, IMO. As I was stepping
through my program, I found it would suddenly resume right through the
exception handler; I would explicitly need to enable (then disable)
exception handlers in general (via "catch catch"). I'm wondering if
there's any effort to remove this limitation.

Thanks,

Yang