RE: GDB in C++

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 12:09 -0700, Gary Funck wrote:
> If C++ isn't the answer, and keeping all of GDB in "C" is a fixed
> point, what changes would the developers recommend that would
> offer similar (perceived) improvements in understandability
> and extensibility?

Speaking as a newcomer who's trying to grasp GDB code, I think you made
very good points. IMHO having reasonable internals documentation is a
very good way to give an overview of GDB's organization and pitfalls.

If GDB Internal's contents was transferred to the GDB wiki, maybe people
would feel more compelled to update and expand it. I know I would try to
contribute to it as I learn new stuff. The downside when comparing to
patches against the existing documentation sources would be that peer
review would be a bit more awkward (but there are ways around it).
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann