RE: GDB in C++

Since this thread seems to have taken on a bit of new life,
I'd like to ask if you/others can point to a past GDB mailing
list thread/two (or even a timefreame) when this issue was
discussed?  I made a quick pass through the GDB mailing list
archives dating back to 2000, and found only a few oblique
references to recoding parts of GDB back into C++ with
selective use of its OO facilities.

thanks,
  - Gary