Re: Posting from work/university addresses

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 03:03:55PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 14:34:31 -0400
>> From: Christopher Faylor
>>
>> This is a long-standing site policy for all lists on sourceware.org not
>> just for gcc.gnu.org.  When it happens, it will happen for every mailing
>> list on this site.
>
>Where can one see what exactly is about to be banned, and how?  Is
>this policy and its practical implications announced and explained in
>detail somewhere?

It will be blocked using the same spam software that I wrote for
sourceware years ago.  That software can bounce email based on arbitrary
regexes found in the body of a message.  However, the bounce will not
identify the message as spam and will have a clear message indicating
why the message was refused.

When this is about to go live there will be more details.  Please don't
make me regret mentioning this by demanding more details now.

cgf