Re: Posting from work/university addresses

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Since the regexps mentioned above were not disclosed, and the URL Ian
> mentioned doesn't say anything about rejecting messages, and doesn't
> define precisely which kinds of text will be a reason for rejection, I
> can only hope that the filters will reject only messages that could
> present legal problems for sourceware, not, for example, the kind of
> text mentioned here:

As far as I can tell, you are requesting that we not do anything dumb,
such as, for example, blocking messages which are not spam and which
do not violate the documented mailing list guidelines.  That is a
reasonable request.  I promise we won't do anything dumb.

I know you are just trying to be really precise about what is
happening, but, honestly, don't worry: we're free software volunteers
just like you.  We're on your side.  We won't do anything dumb.

Ian