Re: gdb whatis command

Thanks for your reply,

Thats exactly what I needed to know.  I will take a look at the
discussions.  I take it they were on this mailing list?

For me, I believe, it would be easier to make an eclipse plugin.
Eclipse seems to do quite a bit of parsing on gdb output so I know this
possible.

I am also working on something to load debugging info more
intelligently.  The debug symbols for my current project are about 1.8
GB and take quite a while to load.  I already have a way of stripping
debug symbols and placing them in seperate files.  All that is missing
is to make gdb load the symbols when they become needed.

Since this will probably have to be an eclipse plugin I might as well
combine the two.

Thanks again

Abri Zaaiman