Re: gdbserver i386_linux hardware watchpoints in a multi threaded application

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 21:38 +0300, Claus Baumgartner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I implemented the hardware watchpoints for the i386 linux target in the
>   gdbserver and it works fine in the same thread where the watchpoint
> has been assigned. I would like to use gdb and gdb server to debug
> memory locations overwritten by other threads and this is where gdb fails.
>
> Is there any work in progress regarding this?

Yes, there is. The patch Jeff Johnston wrote some time ago should
address this on GDB. I'm currently taking over his work and adding
support for ppc.

You can check the most up-to-date patch on these messages:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-08/msg00253.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-08/msg00254.html

The original post by Jeff Johnston here:
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2004-06/msg00278.html

Best regards,

--
Luis Machado