Re: gdbserver i386_linux hardware watchpoints in a multi threaded application

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 04:12:29PM -0300, Luis Machado wrote:
On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 21:38 +0300, Claus Baumgartner wrote:
Hi,

I implemented the hardware watchpoints for the i386 linux target in the gdbserver and it works fine in the same thread where the watchpoint has been assigned. I would like to use gdb and gdb server to debug memory locations overwritten by other threads and this is where gdb fails.

Is there any work in progress regarding this?
Yes, there is. The patch Jeff Johnston wrote some time ago should
address this on GDB. I'm currently taking over his work and adding
support for ppc.

I think that Jeff's patches only affect gdb native debugging, and gdbserver would need an independent fix. But the same solution should work there, too.

Claus, do you have a copyright assignment?  Are you interested in
contributing the i386 watchpoint support for gdbserver?

I'm overloaded for the moment and the i386 watchpoint support is quite messy. I will send a patch when I get the time to clean it up.

Have a nice day,

Claus