Re: C++ Typedefs and symbol tables

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Check whether you are ending up with a search based on the function's
symbol or minsym.  The mangled name always uses the canonical type
name (for obvious ABI reasons).

Symbol or minsym? Sorry, I'm not at all familiar with this area of the debugger.

Yes, but it's a lot of work.  We can not currently canonicalize
anything during lookup because we do not canonicalize during symbol
reading; and just turning that on slows things down considerably.  The
cp-names.y parser was intended for exactly this.

Surely converting the (typically) 2-3 typenames in a signature, such that they match the canonical form used by the ABI, would not take much time, would it?

I can believe that any task in this area would require depressing amounts of infrastructure work, though. :(

Oh well, just an idea.

Andrew