GDB transition to GPLv3 should now be complete

GDB is now licensed under the terms of GPLv3.

There is one issue identified left before the release: printing of
signed and unsigned characters and strings. I found the patch
submission, but it looks like it never went in (for lack of agreement
on it?).

I would like to give a week to any dust that might have been created by
the switch to GPLv3 to settle. Let's take a decision about the issue
above (either fix, defer, or leave as is). I'm targetting a branch
creation date around Aug 31st (I'm actually flying again the next day,
so the actual creation might happen a few days after).

--
Joel