GBD help: target remote => only talking about serial communication

Hi,

I'm using Redhat's Insight since a bit more than a week now to debug my applications (used DDD before). Now I would like to start up the gdbserver on the target the moment I give the RUN command on the debugger (Insight).

So, I used the Insight console to get all possible GBD commands. "help running" unveils me a lot of target commands, even "target remote", but all are talking about serial communication from the host to the target.

My target, however, is connected via TCP, but I can't find any help related subject about this in GDB.

What I would like to know, is the command that has to be send on the command line to activate gdbserver on the target. Is that anyhow possible?

Best rgds,

--Geert