Re: Questions about gdb/mi support on the Mac

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 09:13:24AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 08:53:04AM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > Ha, the only port of GDB, and it only works with their front end! That
> > sounds like a monopoly to me. In fact, it sounds like one of the tactics
> > msft used when making content for there web browser.
>
> You have a truly bizarre definition of monopoly.  It works fine from
> the command line, and we've seen that at least one other front end
> developer has managed to make his work with it.  It's just not the
> same program named "gdb" that you expect.

OK, when my users say, "hey, why doesn't cgdb work on mac os x anymore?",
I'll tell them either, "add support to cgdb yourself" or
"no, really, it's a good thing that apple ported gdb to Mac OS X and
cgdb doesn't work".

This is literally the position I'm in. How do you suggest I reason about
the possibilities I have? Do you have a better possibility for me?

Bob Rossi