Re: reference environment variables from gdb scripts (gdb and unix pipe)

Sheng-Liang Song <ssl@baymicrosystems.com> writes:
> gdb has "shell" command to switch to a unix shell.
> After switch to a unix shell, can I call gdb functions/commands?

No; you need to exit the shell before you can give more commands to
GDB.

> Does gdb supports "pipe" command? Is there a plan to add a "unix pipe"
> command to gdb debug prompt?

No; we don't have any plans to do so.

We're currently planning to add Python as a scripting language to
GDB.  If that were to happen, the things you mention here could be
done in a clean and general way.