Re: GDB coupling to external plotting tools

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:53:56PM +0200, Peter Toft wrote:
> I guess that there are already ways of making hooks into GDB to get
> data out to external programs e.g. Octave, so if some of you could
> enlightenten me and direct me to more info on this I would be very happy.

Right now, the closest we have is the "shell" command and user-defined
commands.

We're planning to add Python scripting support; I really hope that we
will have this ready for the next release (not the upcoming 6.7, the
one after that).  That will probably be more useful.  In the mean
time, I suspect you can do some useful things with shell and macros.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery