Re: MI Development

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 10:29:17 Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > > With asynchronous operation, asynchronous CLI commands give the same MI
>  > > output that MI commands do.
>  >
>  > Why would I want to enable asynchronous operation for that to work? The
>  > default behaviour is just broken, so even if --async fixes that, we should
>  > not require any switches to get non-broken behaviour.
>
> My understanding is that currently GDB only operates synchronously (except
> perhaps with remote targets).

We're talking past each other, I'm afraid :-(

I'm saying that currently, "^running" is not output in cases where it definitely should,
and that should be fixed. It's not apparent to me why this fix is related to any asynchronous
operation, and if so, this should be fixed separately, and as soon as possible -- meaning
as soon as I personally find time for that. Do you disagree?

- Volodya