Re: MI: "^running" issues

 > We're in a tricky situation.  The developers of async mode were
 > respected contributors - but they're not here any more to explain
 > their work.  It doesn't work as-is, so we can't test it.  And Nick's
 > patches to bring it into shape require someone who really understands
 > what they're doing to review them.  That's not going to be me, since I
 > couldn't figure the patches out when I last tried.

I don't really see much difference between GDB having code that we don't fully
understand, and installing code that we don't fully understand to use it: in
both cases we rely on the testsuite.  The difference being that, if my changes
are installed, asynchronous operation will get tested and over time the code
will improve.