Re: GDB cannot access memory after Emacs abort

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:06:28 -0800 Michael Snyder <msnyder@specifix.com> wrote:
[...]
> To pursue it further, we can go one of two ways:
>
> A) maybe you can provide us with enough information and
> context to reproduce the problem ourselves?  This seems
> unlikely, but maybe, for instance, you know that with
> a certain released version of emacs and a certain released
> version of linux, you can give a fixed sequence of commands
> and reliably reproduce the crash?
>
> or
>
> B) we can keep asking you for more information, question
> and answer style.
>
> For instance, I'd like to know the output that you get
> from the following gdb commands when you're at the breakpoint:
>
> i) info registers
> ii) info target
> iii) x /64x $esp

I posted a followup providing the requested information but it hasn't
yet appeared on the list, perhaps because it was too long (the output of
`info target' was 1815 lines long).  Since I've gotten a backtrace in
the mean time (see my followup to your suggestion to attach the emacs
process to gdb), do you want me to repost or email you this information,
or is it no longer relevant?

Steve Berman