Re: Xtensa jtag support?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:56:28AM -0500, Jamie Guinan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working with an Xtensa T1050.5 and basically a homegrown OS,
> > currently using prints for debugging.  Does the mainstream GDB
> > source/tarball support any of the Macraigor jtag units, for example
> > the "usbWigger", out of the box (so to speak)?
>
> No.  But some wigglers come with a program that speaks the GDB
> vendor-neutral remote protocol - Macraigor's is called OCDRemote.
> That should work fine with an xtensa-elf GDB, assuming Macraigor's
> software supports xtensa.

Macraigor's software does not currently support Xtensa processors.
Your best bet is probably to obtain Tensilica software tools from
the chip vendor, so that the tools match the particular configuration
of the processor in that chip.  Such tools normally include a version
of GDB for the Xtensa architecture (xt-gdb) as well as the Xtensa
OCD daemon which talks to xt-gdb on one side and supports a few
JTAG probes including some Macraigor ones.

-Marc    (speaking for myself not for my employer, Tensilica)