RE: Step outer function call

I found a similar question with answer from a couple of months ago:
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2007-11/msg00206.html

-----Original Message-----
From: gdb-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:gdb-owner@sourceware.org]On
Behalf Of William K. Foster
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 2:55 PM
To: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Step outer function call

Hello,

I often find that when stepping through code, I would like to step into
the outer most function call on a line of code, but the only way I see
to do this is to step into each inner call and finish them until
reaching the outer call.  For example:

  foo(bar(), baz());

If on the above line and I step, I first enter bar(), then baz(), and
finally foo().

The vast majority of the time, I want to enter foo().

Is there a command or script to accomplish this?

If not, is this a reasonable feature request for gdb?

Thanks.

-William