Re: gdb testsuite

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your response.

One should be able to run programs on the simulator by starting GDB on
the program to be run, typing "target sim", and then "run".  Does this
work?

I am able to set the target as "sim", load the program and run it on cr16 gdb simulator (ie cr16-elf-gdb). And I am able to execute a few C standard test suites using this cr16-elf-gdb tool.

When you type 'make check-gdb' at the top of your build tree, or 'make
check' in the gdb/testsuite directory of the build tree, what is the
output?  Does it create a gdb.log file?  What are its contents?

I did ran the "make check-gdb", but the below results displayed:

=========
                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            162
# of unexpected failures        343
# of unresolved testcases       18
# of untested testcases         1
# of unsupported tests          12

Please find the gdb.log as an attachment (file name: gdb.log.bz2).

Thanks,
Swami