Re: GDB Annotations : support plan

Jain, Rohit writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > GDB is now supporting GDB/MI interface, and the annotation mechanism has
 > now become obsolete.
 >
 > Is there any plan to completely discontinue the support for annotations
 > in future?

Yes.

 > If yes, and if you know approximate release period that annotations are
 > going to exist, please let me know.

AFAIK here is no timescale.

 > If no, then is it safe to assume that GDB/MI interface and annotations
 > (although obsolete!) are going to co-exist?

Building frontends that use annotations is actively discouraged.  If
GDB/MI does not currently meet all your requirements then please contribute
to its development.

Could you please post your interest in these matters here, so that we can
consider you when we make changes to to GDB/MI and annotations.