Re: Finding ld.so dynamic loader

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:42:00AM -0800, Michael Eager wrote:
If solib_absolute_prefix is empty (true for almost all targets) and
/lib/ld.so.1 exists on the host system, this will be opened in
preference to either one specified on the SOLIB_SEARCH_PATH or using a
target search path.

In my opinion, there's the mistake: solib_absolute_prefix isn't related to your target. It's a configuration setting, and if you're using gdbserver to talk to a remote system, you should set it ("set sysroot"). If you don't have the same layout as your target reproduced on your host, set it to a nonexistant path.

That said, I'm not sure why we search the literal path before the
search path either.

Apparently, there is some error in parsing "set sysroot":

  (gdb) set sysroot /tmp
  No symbol "sysroot" in current context.

"set solib-absolute-prefix" does set the prefix.

IMO, if this prefix is not set by the user, the environment
symbol or path should be searched, with the host system searched
as a final choice.  I can create a patch to do this if desired.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077