Re: Does GDB 6.7.1 for PowerPC require the framepointer register for backtracing?

You're not being dense. You really helped me. Thanks again.

/Stefan

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 11:23:47AM +0100, Stefan Bylund wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for all your valuable answers! We will use -fomit-frame-pointer as a workaround for now. Later on we will add support for handling the frame pointer register in our OS kernel. That seems to be the future-proof solution.

Oh, I see what you mean now. You really have only access to those two registers. Sorry for being dense.

I recommend you allow GDB to access the full register set.  Future
versions of GDB may use any register at all in the unwind information.

--
Stefan Bylund