Re: cp-name-parser.y

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:22:00PM -0500, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:
Hello,

If you could, let me know how mature is that code there and can it be used.

What would you like to use it for?

I am looking at that since right now something like this:

-var-create - * "(anonymous namespace)::foobar"

will not work since c_parse doesn't know anything about '(anonymous namespace)'. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to hack around this particular case, but a proper solution would be preferable.

I see that language_defn for c++ uses c_preprocess_and_parse but there should probably be something like cp_preprocess_and_parse, sharing the macro handling part but calling cpname_parse instead of c_parse. Or maybe calling cpname_parse if c_parse fails.

The issue is evident when using IDE (CDT). IDE will call
ptype foobar
which prints type (correctly) something like this: '(anonymous namespace)::FooBar' and then IDE uses this string as argument to -var-create, but unfortunately, this doesn't work.