Re: Why does gdb use its own thread ids internally rather than the tid from the underlying thread implementation?

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 11:57:08AM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 10:38 -0800, Martin Fouts wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We're trying to optimize the NetBSD 4.0 implementation of pthreads,
> > which has an M:N thread implementation, and are having some trouble
> > getting gdb to work because the underlying thread id for a thread can
> > change in an M:N implementation.

Hopefully, Mark Kettenis will have some advice on this.  The threading
code is platform-specific, and I'm not familiar with any of the BSD ports.

> > Or suggestions about how to accommodate M:N without zombie queues?
>
> Have you looked at the linux and solaris implementations?
> They both have M:N thread models.

Not any more.  Linux support for M:N was removed, since it did not
work and there were no viable M:N implementations to test with.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery