Gnats

I was looking through gnats a little bit today, and I noticed a number
of semi-bogus PRs -- things that were fixed, duplicates, whatever

I would fix this but I have insufficient permissions.  Would anybody
mind if I upped my permissions and did a pass to close the obviously
fixed things?

Or, someone volunteer and I will send a to-close list.

Tom