Re: repo to work on python scripting support

>> OOC, Would there be an intent to not disallow dynamically loaded C/C++
>> instead of Python for $(foo)? [Emphasis on OOC.]

Daniel> My plan on this, to date, has been to insist on use of the Python
Daniel> interface for marshalling and unmarshalling.  This keeps the interface
Daniel> explicit.

Interesting -- since I just said the opposite :-)

Are you concerned about the parsing problem for C-defined functions?
We could push the parsing-style declarations down to the C level to
solve that.

I did want to say to Doug, but forgot -- is this something you're
actually interested in?  AFAIK you can't load gdb commands written in
C or C++, so it would be a bit odd to add that feature just for these
functions.

Not that this matters hugely.  And dynamically loading commands might
also be useful.

Daniel> print $(py "this is a python \"program\"")

I was thinking some functions could ask for an uninterpreted string.

  print $(py do something in python)

I'm not wedded to it.

Tom