Re: repo to work on python scripting support

 Jim> What kind of functions for parsing Python does the Python API
 Jim> export?  Is there anything that would, say, parse an expression
 Jim> as far as it can, and let us know where the expression ends?  If
 Jim> so, we could use that for $(py <python code here>), and things
 Jim> like embedded quotes and parens would just work.

I don't see anything to do this in http://docs.python.org/ext/ext.html
There are APIs to pass in the Python text, as a string, or as a file
-- but it appears that the text is expected to be valid Python code,
not Python code optionally followed by something else.

Lexically speaking Python is very simple; looking for the closing
paren in the proposed syntax wouldn't be a big deal.

      paul