Re: Calling inferior functions and MI notification

Vladimir Prus wrote:
Pawel Piech wrote:

It would be helpful if *running event included a "reason" field. IDE's
ususally track the command they just sent to determine the reason for
resume event, but as it's an out-of-band record there is a possibility
of a race condition which could break the IDE assumption.

Hello Pawel,

can you clarify what the 'reason' field should contain? I think that in
general, reporting the command that caused the run might be impossible.

Too bad, because that's what I had in mind.... Like I said, IDE's including Eclipse usually solve this problem on their own, though the solution is theoretically susceptible to a race condition in cases where multiple interfaces are used to interact with GDB simultaneously.
Cheers,
Pawel
- Volodya