Re: DSO with relocations and GDB.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 03:50:00PM -0700, Ananth Sowda wrote:
> The powerpc eabi DSO (dynamic shared object) I'm debugging using GDB
> 6.6  has .debug_info and other debug tables which have unresolved
> relocations. The .rela_debug_info is available in the DSO and it has
> sh_link set to .symtab, sh_info to .debug_info.  However, the bfd code
> in GDB 6.6 does not seem to associate the .debug_info with
> corresponding .rela_debug.info section. When GDB attempts to relocate
> these debug tables,  bfd does not recognize that the section has
> relocations.

What does objdump -h say about this file?  IOW, what do you mean by
"does not seem to associate"?

GDB is supposed to handle this case correctly.  However, we've also
pretty well established that the linker is wrong to emit such
relocations; if you have the option of using a different linker
version which does not do so, I recommend it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery