Re: Asynchronouse progress reporting from GDB Server to gdb using Remote Serial Protocol

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 05:52:56PM +0100, Jiju George T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ? We have a GDB Server which manages connections to embedded targets. We
> have a monitor command for doing a lengthy operation on the target device.
> We want to report the status of this lengthy operation back to gdb
> periodically. Is there any support for this in GDB Remote Serial Protocol?

Not yet.  But Jim Blandy drafted a proposal for progress reporting
last year, which I hope we will implement eventually.  I don't think
it was posted.

For monitor commands, you could just send back an O packet with an
informative message periodically.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery