FATAL: vmlinux is truncated

Hello all,
I'm porting uclinux on the Cortus Aps3 Processeur. When I compile, I obtain a FATAL error: vmlinux is truncated.
I've done several tries by modifying the vmlinux script (vmlinux.lds.S) and finally I can fix the problem by removing the Heap section.So it's seems this error is a vmlinux script problem. But I would like to understand what is happening to avoid this problem after, and what this error really means, and add my Heap section correcly.
Could someone help me please?
Thanks in advance.

Stephane Lambert

  MODPOST vmlinux
FATAL: vmlinux is truncated.
make[2]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
make[1]: *** [vmlinux] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stephane/uClinux/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x'
make: *** [linux] Error 1