Re: multi-process remote protocol extensions

A Tuesday 03 June 2008 18:04:11, Pedro Alves wrote:
> A Tuesday 03 June 2008 17:13:40, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > > How can the stub know if GDB supports the semicolon?
> >
> > By the multiprocess announcement, I suppose.  We already needed to
> > know this since ;process would break otherwise.
>
> Hmmm, no, this is a separate issue to multiprocess, it affects
> single-process stubs as well, e.g., native Windows gdbserver is
> replying 'W' AA, but the exit code of a Windows process isn't
> limited to 8-bits.  It should be reported as a separate
> feature, I guess.

(lamely replying to myself)

Well, if GDB starts announcing multi process in the same
release it supports more than two nibbles, all should be fine,
the stub can rely on the multi-process support check.  I'm in
no hurry to fix this, so, I'm ok with the wait.  :-)

Not as clean, but avoids growing the qSupported string.

--
Pedro Alves