Re: non-stop and current thread exiting

Vladimir Prus wrote:
You are right that some frontend changes will be required -- but they
are required anyway to show the "running" state of the thread, so
seems the extra change to show "exited" state does not add much
complexity.
If the output of thread-list-ids is simply augmented with (exited),
you are right that it would be an easy change for a frontend.

Actually, I plan that in the output of -thread-info, each thread will have a field
'state', that can be either 'stopped' or 'running' or 'exited'. So, a frontend
not wishing to specially display exited threads will ignore threads with state=exited.

(Incidentally, we might want to introduce more fine-grained values of state, like
'stepping').
That's great! It would be even better if the state change events included this fine-grained information as well (e.g. *running,reason="step").

Cheers,
Pawel